Sanders Reflection

 

    

    After reading both of Sanders' short stories, I had a lot of mixed emotions and thoughts. However, my main thoughts from the text, "Rhonda Honda". One thing I thought about as I was reading is the same question I raise with all of the futurism texts so far: what if? For "Rhonda Honda", my question was What if you could morph into any gender and any age you want? Throughout the beginning of the story it's safe to say I was confused as to why they were so eager to find Rhonda; I wondered what she was hiding. But when I got to the end and it was revealed that Rhonda was the president of the United States morphed into a young biker woman, I was confused.

     Nevertheless I thought about how this is a clear that this is a reflection of the lives of transgender people going through transition when I got to the quote that said "Nice Morph Job, Only six months". Then my question changed. What if people were hunted down for transitioning into someone else? And when I put it that way, it sounded kind of scary to say the least. I found it interesting how futurism/ dystopia literature takes essentially people's lives and make it this "what if". I find a lot of that happening in the genre.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LaValle Reflection

Adeyemi 2nd Weekly Reflection

LaVelle Reflection, We Travel the Spaceways